Sunday, February 12, 2017

The Dreaded Flu



I knew I wasn't feeling well when I posted my first blog post, but I didn't know until later that night that it was indeed the flu that was making me feel so achy.  I spent the night alternating between the sweats and the chills, all the while feeling achiness in my joints, upper back, neck, and head.  Did I mention I get whiny when I'm sick?  But Tylenol took the edge off on the worst days.

Fast forward a week and a couple of days.  I'm feeling much better, just a little bit of a cough and the need for an occasional nose blowing.  My husband is still a little feverish, but he seems less grumpy, so he's on the upward climb to normalcy.  Our baby is feeling better too, but he has a cough and sneezes a lot, so we're still keeping a close eye on him.  Poor little baby; he's had to deal with his first tooth coming in WHILE being sick with the flu.

No automatic alt text available.Needless to say, with all the illness in the house, I hadn't been very productive in the crafting arena until yesterday.  Yesterday's projects are mostly done...I still have to glue the pieces together and maybe add some finishing touches.  With any luck, I'll be posting those soon.

CONSERVATION / UPCYCLING IDEA:  Here's a super-quick card that can be made re-using materials you may have at your house right now!  This is a great way to re-use the left-over sticker pieces after helping your kids make Valentine's Day cards for their special friends. After I used all the heart stickers, I pulled the remaining sheet of the sticker and affixed it to my card as a background (no glue required for this - SCORE!).  Then, simply add a cut-out sentiment on top with glue, or with foam dots for dimension.  I used a "free image" I found on googleimages.com a long time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment